Friday, April 10, 2009

Country Road... Take me Home...

..to the place.... I belong..

And long did the journey back to the land of sense and sensibility it took me.

Not yet quite drowned in the sea of work and (mainly) countless tuitions, moments of occassional indulgence did come in the weekends. Summing up a few key fond memories over the past 2 months, not in chronological order nor in order of preference:

(1) Sunset Grill.
We finally decided to hunt down this superbly ulu place in Seletar for the famed buffalo wings and chilling out at the corner of the world. Going with Goodest Friend, and my cousin and his goodest friend (basic math tells you it's 2 pairs for good reason), we cabbed down with instructions at hand to the driver, who understandably would take this assignment with a gulp in his throat at every wrong turn. We made it.

(2) Abi's visit
Another highlight where Abi came to Singapore from New Zealand where she is doing her PhD. My Ox classmate, my right and left hand man and woman (SL LLG and Goodest Friend) had been most accomodating, and had offered to accompany Abi either with me or alone to ensure she has the most enjoyable moment in Sing. That without saying earned Goodest Friend the comment that "I like WH.She's just so easy to talk to. Perfectly the type of girl for me.", and "SL is a very funny guy. It's always fun to have him around". From Goodest Friend who feedbacked "Abi is the most friendlyAng Moh I have ever met. I'm glad she said this is the most enjoyable trip she ever had"
Guess it's the case of all's well ends well.

(3) Breaking the Phuket News
Completely suffocated with swallowing this piece of news for the past 5 months, I decided to do myself a GREAT favour by announcing to the keen listener that she is going on a Phuket tour with me over the little weekend getaway for her birthday!
Speechless was the response.
Then came another sharing that we are going to spend our Saturday at this newly established hotel (http://www.capesienna.com/) where there is a jacuzzi in the room, which overlooks the beach. We decided we are just going to nuah on the beach and be totally incommunicado to the outside world.
The plan all came when Tiger airways had a promotion last year, and I snapped up two tickets to Phuket in November with good faith that Goodest Friend and I still remain bestest all the way up to her birthday. Same plan goes for the Cape Sienna accomodation. Go check out the hotel. Damn coolzzz siah.

(4) Undercover job.
Was really excited at the prospect of helping an organization to nap this guy who has been going around selling endangered animal parts. So was out on certain places and putting on my most trustworthy all-auntie-beguiling face. The moment I see the bugger, I am supposed to appear totally interested in an avuncular manner and slowly coaxing the unsuspecting one to flash out whatever he has. Alas, he did not come on that day. Wasted.

(5) Rock wall climbing
Totally freaked me out when I was doing it with my students for the CCA. Never climbed that far up and it was indeed an "eye opener" - eyes widened upon realising how my fear of heights have prevented me from progressing.
Solid fear.

1 comment:

Maria said...

haha, an interesting entry! You sure abi said i was easy to talk to? cos i think i was quite shy and dint tok much though!!